Sunday 13 September 2015

Clearly Besotted and Papertrey Ink Christmas card

 Hello everyone and I hope you are having a great weekend, It's time for another challenge over at Christmas Card Challenges and this time the theme is Anything Goes.


As this is the first thing I've made since I came back from holiday, I wanted to try a new technique. I've been attracted to all the foiling I've been seeing around blogland, but with no foil, laminator or Minc machine, I wasn't able to do that, so I searched my stash and found some NBUS gilding flakes that I decided to play with.



I had a Clearly Besotted swirly tree die cut which started out green, but after I added the gilding flakes it had a multicolorred golden sheen. 



I die cut 'joy' with a Papertrey Ink die and gave it the same treatment, before adding them to a black panel cut with an MFT stitched rectangle die. I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Clearly Besotted in white and topped the tree with a white star.


To finish it off, I added a couple of mats to the panel along with a piece of card that I also gilded and placed across the base card.

I hope you will jump over to the Christmas Card Challenge blog today, to see the inspiration my Teamies have for you. Why not join in with us this time?

I'd like to play along with



Darnell's NBUS Challenge - gilding flakes




Winter Wonderland - anything but a square

CRAFT challenge - Christmas



Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Carol x

10 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol love the magic leaf I have never seen that. Gorgeous!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous design, Carol and those metal flakes are so unique. I've never seen that product. Love your graphic swirly tree.

Carol said...

Fabulous card Carol, the gilding looks wonderful. Carol x

Nora Noll said...

Oh my!! this is so cool. I have never seen that before, though I have used gold sheets before and they are a pain!! I LOVE the delicateness of that tree. STUNNING design!!! (but you always have stunning work!!)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness love this!! Such a lovely looking tree!! Love the colors in it!!

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week!
Monica - DT

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Mags
x

JoAnn said...

What a fun and lovely card. I love the swirly die cut tree and how you used the Magic Leaf on it. Very pretty.

Kim Heggins said...

oh my goodness....what a gorgeous card! You just amaze me with your talent, this is stunning.

sweet art designs said...

Love the simplicity . Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...