Thursday 25 June 2015

Papertrey Ink masculine celebrate or congratulations card




Hello everyone,

Thank you for your good wishes on my HLS Design Team news! Today is Papertrey Ink blog hop time



Blog-hop-logo

and this time Nichole  gave us the sweetest photograph for inspiration



Blog hop inspiration

Aren't they gorgeous? Even though the shoes are beautifully feminine, I thought the colours would be fabulous for a masculine card, so I took inspiration from the grey, white and orange colours and came up with this:-




I used the beautiful star vellum and cut it with the Tipped Top die before cutting a strip from it to accommodate my sentiment, which I embossed in white.I stuck the vellum onto some Hero Arts light grey card and added the die cut Celebrate which I stacked to make it pop. I wanted the stars to shine and sparkle but I didn't have any orange glitter card, so I took a small piece of this sparkly acetate sheet from my stash



and applied it to some orange zest scraps and then die cut the stars which I placed around the card to give a splash of colour.



I think the film is a little bit expensive for just one sheet but it can go a long way if you use it sparingly. It is great to be able to get glittery card in any shade that you want, and as a bonus, the glitter is not going to come off. To finish off the card, I matted the panel onto some white card and added it to a smokey shadow card base with some foam tape. I'm pleased to have this card in my stash because I can adapt it to so many occasions (new job, exam success, driving test etc) by what I put inside the card at the time I need it.

I hope you enjoy the hop and I can't wait to see what everyone came up with.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

I'd like to enter this into

Cards4guys - use a die or a punch

Shopping our stash - for the boys

Get Creative challenges - for the boys


27 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Love that you took a masculine spin on the inspiration--fantastic card!

Carole said...

A great one for the boys! I loke the offset geometric design and the pop of orange.

Darnell said...

This is such a creative take on the inspiration, Carol! I love the design and love that it's a masculine card!! Hugs, Darnell

AllysonA said...

Great card, Carol. I love your interpretation for a masculine card! ;-) Very cool.

Martha said...

Carol, this is simply beautiful!
Fabulous design.

DIANA L. said...

Super take on the photo inspiration. love it.
Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Nancy Penir said...

You're right, these colors fit right in with a masculine card. And your's is and inspiration of how to use them. Love the slant and stary bg!

Jill Norwood said...

Carol what a fantastic masculine card! And I love the stars you created with the sparkly acetate! What a great product! :)

Kara said...

cool! love the unique angles!

Marybeth said...

Love this Carol and that self stick sparkly paper . Fun take on the photo!

Helen F. said...

Carol, I really love the design and you made it a masculine card ~ very cool and fun ;-)

Julia Aston said...

Love your design with the angled die cuts!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun!

Unknown said...

Love your masculine starry card! The pop of color is perfect!!:)

gardener said...

Great take on the inspiration pic. Yes, this would be a design that can be used many ways. Thanks.

Karen C. said...

Love the masculine interpretation for this challenge. The colours and stars are perfect for this.

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! Really brilliant design!! LOVE the stars and a perfect masculine theme as well!! :)

Nora Noll said...

What fabulous design. LOVE that star vellum and the pop of color with the gray. Thank you for the the advice about the lilac tree. I will have to get some rooting hormone tomorrow and try it.

Camille Short said...

Love this card! Thanks for sharing!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the star vellum paper - perfectly designed card!

Tracey Jean said...

I love that you went with a masculine card. Very creative...

Julie B said...

Clever use of the snippets, not come across this product before, great for adding sparkly highlights to a project.
Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Jen Carter said...

I love that you thought outside the box on this challenge! You totally made this work using a different set of supplies than most chose! It's such a great card!

Kim Heggins said...

Incredible card and I am in love with your fabulous glitter orange stars, never heard of that paper but I really love the wonderful look it gives your card!

Cazro said...

A super creative card, with a different angle, perfect masculine card. Good use of die cuts. . So pleased you joined in our fun at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Kimbo said...

Super CAS guy card, love the colour

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

Chris Dring said...

Such a cool looking card! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...