Sunday 22 June 2014

Silhouette Cameo Wedding car card for Silhouette Challenges

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and getting some crafty time in if you can.

It's the time for another challenge over at

Ch# 14 Create your own Shaped Card 
(No pre designed shaped card files)
Begins: Sunday, June 1
Ends: Monday, June 30

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

Sponsor this month is:

(3) Silhouette Replacement Blades


For my shaped card, I decided to make a wedding card for a couple whose wedding we will be attending in a few weeks. I used a wedding car shape from the Silhouette Store, duplicated it above and welded the two parts together to create the base card. The wheels were cut from plain black card




and they looked a little bland, but  I remembered that I have a tiny chevron stamp, which I rooted out and stamped the wheels with Versamark ink and clear embossed them to create some tyre treads.



I was wishing that I had used textured card for the base card because it also looked too plain but I embossed it with an impression plate to add a little texture. The car lights were cut in red and then coated with glossy accents to make them look like glass. After I cut the heart out, I overstamped it with a tiny polka dot stamp and inked the edges to add a little more interest. This was the final result





Head on over to see what the DT has created for your inspiration and link up today.
Click HERE

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

19 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Oh my gosh. How cute! I love the embossed tires. Great job!

Linby said...

Wow this is just great.
Linby x

Nana said...

Absolutely adorable. Love the shaped and the way you did the tires is very creative. Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Unknown said...

Great card! The tires are amazing and I love the lights with the glossy accents.
Glenna @ My Paper Craze

Irene said...

Hello Carol, What can I say but FABULOUS. I love the shape and your brilliant idea, your friends will be so thrilled.
luv
irene
xxxx

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable, love the tires!!! Lee-Ann :)

Kim. said...

This is absolutely adorable, all the embossing looks great especially the tires.
Kim x

Alanna said...

WOW Carol, this is fantastic. Super cute.

Kimberly J. said...

Oh my gosh, I love the tire detail and the soup cans!!! :) Great shaped card!!

Becky said...

This is adorable! I love all the details, like the stamping that you did on the wheels and the heart. It adds so much!

Pam said...

This is just darling Carol! Love all your cute details!
Pam
Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥
♥ DT for Silhouette Challenges ♥

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so cute!! I love how you did the tire treads!! Hugs!!

Stacey (DT sister)

Kate said...

Very cute! You always do such a great job.

Scrapper69 said...

This is such a super cute shape card! I like the embossing on the tires... makes them look more realistic! :o)

Theresa (DT Sister)
www.miislucky.blogspot.com

Benzi said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely so creative and adorable, Carol. The tires are just so real looking, too. What a fabulous wedding card.
I have to scan through what I've missed while I've been away. I'm sure you have had some awesome cards.

Sue said...

Oh wow Carol this is really great! love it..lots of huggles Sue xx

Robin said...

Soo cute! Love all the dimension you added. :) I'm sure the happy couple will love it!!

Kim Kutie said...

This is too cute. Great card.

Penni said...

I love your shaped card. It's amazing
Hugs
Penni
X

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...