Wednesday 25 June 2014

papertrey ink wedding card

Blog-hop-logo

Hello everyone,
It's time for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop and this time Nichole gave us some photo inspiration


June Blog Hop Inspiration

"This month we are doing something a bit different and providing you with an inspiration photo along with a few downloadable color and sketch recipe cards inspired by it.  You can choose to work with any of the ideas above or use other components of the inspiration photo to jump start your creation.  Have fun with it and challenge yourself to work outside of your comfort zone!"



I chose to use several of the colours in the photo and to use the circles on the carpet as inspiration for one of the wedding cards I need to make this summer. I also wanted to use the Man and Wife dies, so I started with them and cut the figures in soft stone and the man's suit in a silver gray textured card before adding melon berry accents. I decorated the wedding dress by stamping one of the Bitty Background stamps on the lower part with versamark ink and then clear embossed it to give the dress a patterned satin feel, before putting a strip of melon berry across as a sash.



I then used a Lil' Inker stitched square die to cut a panel of yellow card and stamped circles on it from the Sketched Shapes and  Polka Dot Basics sets. The sentiment is from Quilled Elegance, and I cut the stamp apart to make the two line greeting easier.



Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the hop.

HugsCarol x


PS Sorry for the print issues with this post - I don't know what was up with Blogger today but it wouldn't let me edit,colour, size or font today and in the end I gave up!

14 comments:

Benzi said...

Terrific!!! I'm glad you gave us a close-up of the suit and gown. That is fabulous work, as usual. It's a wonderful card.
Blogger has been crazy, lately. Thankfully, I did get back my reading list today and that makes me very happy.

Birgit said...

This is a stunning card! I too am so glad you gave us a close look at the suit and gown. Fabulous detail!

Nancy Penir said...

Love the texture on the tux and gown! Beautiful and unexpected take on the challenge!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this festive wedding card, so cool!!

Patti said...

Hi Carol,

LOVE!! The colors the textures the design!! LOVE!!

Patti

jan metcalf said...

Sweet! Love the texture, colors, design!

Martha said...

This is simply beautiful! Fabulous design.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous!

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my goodness, this card is just amazing! I love that you made it a shaped card too!

Diana K said...

So so pretty! Love your stamped background.

Sue said...

This is really really pretty Carol! love the shape of the card too huggles Sue xx

Alanna said...

This is so pretty Carol. Love those dies you used.

Nana said...

Absolutely beautiful. You really have a flare for colors. Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Isbaha said...

Your card is really lovely, love all the details!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...