Tuesday 22 April 2014

Snowman with Snowballs card

Hello everyone,

I hope you had a wonderful Easter holiday, and had enough chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth. We had a lovely peaceful weekend spent mostly with family and friends, and the weather was gorgeous, so I feel that spring has well and truly sprung at last. I enjoyed using my Silhouette Cameo for my last card, so I turned to it again to make some table favours for our family Easter Dinner



I embossed some glassine bags with an embossing folder and used a file from the Silhouette store and lots of snippets of card and paper to make the bag toppers. Some of the card ( on the chick, the grass, and the word) looked a bit stark, so I used background stamps to give them a little 'texture'.


Inside were some chocolate chip cookies, dipped in yet more chocolate, along with a little chocolate bunny.


Anyway, for my card today we are going forward to Christmas for the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge

Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge


We have reached week 16 already and this time the theme is Snowmen/Snowballs, and there is a prize from our sponsor 2 Cute Ink up for grabs. Here is my card



I took some textured navy card and used texture paste, some glitter and a stencil to add a snowy background. The snowman was stamped, embossed, coloured  and cut out, before I attached him to the panel with foam pads next to a pile of snowballs. Finally, I made a sentiment panel and added it to the top of the card. This cheerful scribble snowman is my favourite snowman of all time, and I can just imagine him throwing all those snowballs when my back is turned!

I'd like to enter this into

Christmas at Sweet Stamping Challenge - glitter, glitter everywhere.
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - get ahead - get a hat!
Crimbo Crackers  - make a scene
Christmas Fun -card for a man / anything goes.

Why not play along with us this week and pop over to the Holly Jolly Christmas blog to get some inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Carol x

9 comments:

Anne said...

Loving Mr Snowman and your gorgeous background too. Hugs x

Irene said...

Two wonderful makes Carol, just brilliant.
luv
irene
xxxx

Benzi said...

Your Easter bags are so cute and I'm sure the eating from inside was yummy. :-) Oh, gosh......I love your snowman card. Snowmen are one of my favorite things. The background is fabulous, too. This is a winner of a card. Can you tell I LOVE it to pieces?

Diane Jaquay said...

Hi Carol! Your Easter treat bags are so cute (love how you embossed the glassine bags!), and the snowman card is utterly adorable!!!

Diane said...

Love the clever treat bags, and what a super cute Holiday card design.

Hugs Diane

Tracey McNeely said...

Your treat bags are just too cute Carol! The snowman is so sweet too!

Sue said...

Love these Carol they are so cute and what a fab idea! huggles Sue xxx

Tracey T said...

This is such a cute card. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your card - the snowman and snowballs are brilliant and I love the dark sky!. Thank you for entering Christmas Fun and hope you will enter the new challenge! The Easter bags are good too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...